- Austin Club, 110 E 9th St., Austin, TX 78701, 2nd Floor
- February 25, 2022
- Friday, 6:00 PM to 9:30 PM
- Ticket sales end on Sunday, 02/20/2022
- University Masonic Lodge No.1190
Contact event manager
Book your tickets
University Lodge Festive Board 2022
Austin Club, 110 E 9th St., Austin, TX 78701, 2nd Floor
Friday, 6:00 PM to 9:30 PM
February 25, 2022
University Masonic Lodge No.1190
https://universitylodge.orgOrganizer's other events
Celebrating the start of the Centennial Year of University Lodge No. 1190, to include presentation of University’s centennial certificate from the Grand Master.
Time: 06:00 PM – 09:30 PM
- Cocktails & Social Hour from 6-7pm
- Dinner served at 7 pm
- Most Worshipful Grand Master Brad Billings
- Business Attire Requested
Ticket Price: $150 – Sales end on Sunday, 02/20/2022
- All Freemasons in good standing may attend, including EAs and FCs.
- Each attendee will have the option of a beef short rib, rotisserie chicken, or vegetarian ravioli.
- Each attendee will also receive a copita firing “cannon” as a souvenir. Others will be available for purchase if you would like to complete a set of 2 or 4.
At one time, University Masonic Lodge 1190 looked to have a dim future. Membership was declining, our finances needed improving, participation levels were down, and once a man made it through the line, they often ‘rode into the sunset’ and were never seen again.
A group of men, a cadre of leaders, met to address these problems. A roll was not taken that day, or if it was, it has been lost to history. At the least, these men were there, WM Tim Flynn, Treasurer Moton Crockett, Fernando Albornoz, Justin Yancy, Michael Marler, Barry Lewis, Secy Brad Bourland, and Craig Clark.
They discussed how they wanted the lodge to look in ten years. Many changes were made as a result of that meeting. Today our Past Masters stay active, our finances are much improved, we have many fresh and young members, AND we strive to be a beacon to the community.
To accomplish that last aim, a Non-profit foundation was created, University Charitable Foundation (check formal name) was created. The overall goal is to be an example to our local community of the good works. Masons can do. We support charities that aid at-risk Women and Children (widows and orphans, if you will). The funds we receive are split, half donated in grants and half to build a permanent endowment. To date, the Foundation has received over $100,000 in individual donations.
Donations do not automatically appear just because a foundation has been created. To support those aims every year since 2010, University Lodge 1190 and the Foundation have hosted a Festive board.
Some of the organizations supported include:
- Austin DeMolay Chapters develops young men into leaders.
- Austin Children’s Shelter provides on-campus services for children, young adults, and families affected by abuse, exploitation, and neglect.
- Settlement Home Austin promotes healing and growth in children, young adults, and families by providing a continuum of care, support, and resources.
- Arthropos Arts provides high-quality music education for low-income and at-risk students.
- University of Texas Elementary School is a research-based school serving urban children in East Austin.
- Trinity Center serves the spiritual, emotional, and physical needs of people experiencing homelessness and poverty in Austin.